Print your own text or choose a design
Updated 23 April 2022
What are cookies?
Cookies are small, simple text files that your computer or mobile device stores when you use our webshop.
What other techniques exist?
Cookies and other techniques are used at almost all existing websites. By using cookies and other techniques, we ensure, for example, that:
- Surfing in the online shop of simply colors is more fun and easier for you;
- You do not have to enter the same information every time
- You can easily look up your orders
- We can measure how our website is used and where we can still improve it
- We can show you advertisements and recommendations based on your interests
- We can recognise which device you use when you visit us so that we can process the personalisation in as high a quality as possible
Which cookies do simply colors use?
Functional cookies or necessary cookies
Functional cookies ensure that our online store is functioning properly. For example, features such as the shopping cart and checkout.
With analytical cookies we collect (using third party statistics) information about the use of our online store by the users. By measuring Web site usage, we can continue to improve our website for benefit of our users.
Third-party social media cookies
Social media cookies are cookies that enable functionalities on social media websites. This includes YouTube video about at a product, selection of a collection point in Google Maps or 'like' button for Facebook.
We place advertising cookies on our online store. We also give third parties the opportunity to place advertising cookies on our webshop. We also place advertising cookies on third-party websites. We can combine the information from these advertising cookies with each other. We do this so that we can make you the most relevant offers possible based on your online surfing, searching and buying behaviour.
Online store recommendations, preferences and interest cookies
In addition, we combine your online surfing, search, and purchasing behaviour to show you relevant offers and recommendations, tailored to your preferences.
Functional or necessary cookies
Functional or necessary cookies help the simply colors online shop to function properly. These include:
- The products you add to your shopping cart are stored correctly
- Giving a message when you have an uncompleted order, so you do not lose your products in the shopping cart
- Your browser settings are stored, so you can view our online store optimally on your screen
- The ability to save your login information so you do not have to re-enter them each time
- It is possible to reply to messages in our online store
- An even load on the website, which ensures that is functional and accessible
- Detecting possible abuse or possible problems in our online store, for example, by registering consecutive failed login attempts.
We use analytical cookies with the help of third parties to investigate store use. These statistics give us, among other things, insight into how often we are visited, and where we can improve our online store. In this way we make ensure that the experience with our online store is constantly optimized. Among other things, the following data is stored:
- The IP address, which is made anonymously;
- Technical characteristics such as the browser you are using (such as Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox) and the resolution of your computer screen and what device you use;
- From which page you are visiting our online store from;
- When and how long you visit the online store or used;
- How you use the functionalities of the online store. For example, the creation of a wish list, placing an order or viewing previous purchases.
- Which pages you visit in our Web store.
For example, we use these cookies for:
- Keeping track with the number of visitors to our online store;
- Measuring the length of time per visit;
- Determining the order in which a visitor visit the various pages of our online store.
How do third-party social media cookies work?
Social media cookies are placed by the social media websites themselves. When you click on a social media button in our shop, a social media cookie is placed. The social media party can recognize your IP address when you want to share a page of our online store. For the cookies that the social media parties place and the data they collect with this, we refer to the statements made by these parties on their own websites. We recommend that you regularly consult the following privacy and cookie statements:
- Google+ / YouTube
Third-party advertising cookies
- We can keep track which advertisements you've already seen;
- We can keep track how many times you have already seen an advertisement;
- We can prevent youfrom seeing the same thing over and over again;
- We can keep track whether you click on the advertisements;
- We can track whether you place orders after you have seen or clicked an advertisement;
- We can combine your online surfing, searching and buying behaviout regardless of which device you use;
- By combining these characteristics, we determine your advertising interest and can tailor the advertisements that we show to you in our online shop and on third-party websites accordingly;
The advertising cookies of these parties make it possible for:
- We may show you third-party advertisements;
- Our advertising partners can combine your preferences at simply colors with information they collect when you visit other websites.
For the cookies that these parties collect for advertising purposes, we refer you to the statements on the websites of these parties. Because the statements can change regularly, we recommend that you consult these privacy and cookie statements frequently. The following parties place cookies on our online store:
- Internet Explorer
Delete cookies in Microsoft Edge:
Click on the Menu icon (icon with 3 lines) at the top right. Click on the icon of the clock, this is the ' history ' tab. Click on ' Clear All history '. Now you can specify exactly what you want to delete. Select at least ' Cookies and stored website data ' and then click ' delete '. At the bottom, you can indicate whether you want to delete them when you close Microsoft Edge.
Delete cookies in Chrome:
Click on the icon with 3 lines at the top right. Click on ' settings ' > ' History ' clear browsing data ' > '. Take care that ' Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data ' is checked. You can also specify how old the Cookies should be. Choose ' all ' here.
Delete cookies in Firefox:
Click on the icon with 3 lines at the top right. Go to ' options ' > ' Privacy '. Click on ' clear your recent history '. Under ' Details ', you can indicate exactly what you want to erase. Select at least ' Cookies '. You can also specify how old the Cookies should be. Choose ' All ' here.
Delete cookies in Safari:
Click the top left of the menu bar, click on ' Safari ' > preferences. Choose the "Privacy" tab at the top of the window. Then click ' remove all Website data '.
Delete cookies in Internet Explorer:
Click on the icon of a tooth wheel at the top right. Go to the "security" menu > ' delete browsing history '. Now you can specify exactly what you want to erase. Select at least ' Cookies and website data '. At the bottom of the window click on ' delete '.
We will adjust our statements when our online store or the rules change around cookies.